This post is also available in: Spanish
Recently Mediosencolombia.com synthesized data from a range of sources to offer a relevant portrait of media consumption in Colombia. Here are some key highlights that may be useful to agencies and advertisers.
- TV has 95% penetration in Colombia and is the #1 medium in this regard
- Radio has 71% penetration in Colombia
- Internet is the #3 medium in Colombia, with 53% penetration
- Independent magazines have 48% penetration in Colombia while newspapers are at 34%
MOST POPULAR OUTLETS
Here are some of the most popular outlets in Colombia in terms of each form of media:
- TV: RCN (12.2 million viewers) and Caracol (12 million viewers)
- Radio: Caracol (9.5 million listeners) and RCN Radio (5.8 million listeners)
- Newspapers: Q’Hubo (2.4 million readers) and ADN (1.2 million readers)
- Magazines: TVyNovelas (1.3 million readers) and 15 minutos (1.1 million readers)
- Websites: Google (7.4 million daily visitors) and Facebook (6.8 million daily visitors)
Sources: Estudio General de Medios 2012, 2013
To find out more how we can help your agency increase its efficiencies via media services and new technology developed for Colombia and other Latam markets, please contact us.