This post is also available in: Spanish
A new study from GroupM and MindMetriks Colombia looks at how consumers respond to out-of-home (OOH) advertising. Researchers surveyed people in Bogotá who were exposed to different OOH ads in a variety of settings, including bus stops and on public transportation vehicles.
Among the study’s key findings:
• Brands had less than a second to impact an audience: .85 second, to be exact
• Most people (84%) saw at least one OOH ad in an average 20-minute trip
• On average, each person observed 1-3 OOH ads during their commute
• People recalled 60% of the brands whose ads they spotted during their commute and they were 76% accurate in their recall about these brands
• Certain product categories had more impact by gender: cars and liquor presented better indicators among men while financial and beauty products performed better with women